Splitting the difference between a shell and an insulated parka, the Black Diamond Heat Treat Hooded Men's Jacket is a warm-but-breathable layer for any active cold-weather pursuit you can think of. It's lined with PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft synthetic insulation to keep you toasty, with a two-layer Windstopper outer membrane that blocks cold breezes without sacrificing a good level of breathability, whether you're wearing it as an outer layer or underneath a weatherproof shell. The Pertex Quantum lining has been treated with a DWR coating to improve water resistance, and 50D nylon shell is tough enough to stand up to tree branches, rocks, and the occasional attack from the snow monkeys.
As the name suggests, the Heat Treat is also hooked up with lots of warm features, starting with the insulated, adjustable, and helmet-compatible hood. Stretch cuffs and and drawcord hem prevent snow and drafts from sneaking inside your jacket, and the brushed microsuede collar keeps your chin comfortable against cold, wind, and snow. Black Diamond also included zippered hand and chest pockets and two internal stash pockets, so you'll always have snacks, maps, and other backcountry essentials close at hand.
- 50D nylon shell with Windstopper two-layer membrane
- Pertex Quantum 20D lining with a DWR coating
- PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft synthetic insulation
- Insulated, adjustable, and helmet-compatible hood
- Stretch cuffs and drawcord hem
- Brushed microsuede collar lining
- Zippered chest and hand pockets
- Two drop-in internal pockets